An extremely rare example of a 16th century bride still stands at Tintern in County Wexford. 16 meters in length by 4.95 meters wide, the bridge was built by locally sourced stone just a short walk from the ruins of Tintern Abbey, which was built sometime in the 13th century. It is supposed the bridge was built by command of Sir Anthony Colclough, who was granted Tintern in 1543. Read the full history of the abbey and its nearby bridge below.
Blog Home Page